Energy Policy of Transneft
As the key element of Russia’s fuel and energy industry, assuring its final results and performance indicators, Transneft considers the ongoing enhancement of energy efficiency as its key priority.
At all stages of its operating activity Transneft is guided by the following principles:
• unconditional compliance with the requirements of the Russian law, international contracts signed by the Russian Federation, standards and rules in using the energy resources, energy conservation and energy efficiency;
• increasing the energy efficiency by implementing the energy conservation measures developed by Transneft;
• rational use of fuel and energy resources;
• procurement of energy efficient equipment with enhanced reliability and energy characteristics;
• setting and ongoing analysis of as well as consistent updating on the energy goals and objectives;
• devising the energy strategy for different planning management levels and the consumption of fuel and energy resources as well as the programs of its implementation;
• uninterrupted and reliable power supply of Transneft by using energy efficient equipment and technologies;
• reducing the negative environmental impact by cutting the consumption of fuel and energy resources;
• the openness of relevant information about the energy conservation activities of Transneft;
• raising the level of expertise in energy conservation and management influencing the consumption of fuel and energy resources by Transneft personnel and subsidiaries;
• raising the awareness of the Energy Policy and its targets on all corporate levels;
• raising the stake in the rational consumption and savings of fuel and energy resources.
In order to follow the chosen principles, Transneft intends to ensure:
• the implementation of complex organizational and technical measures, as part of the approved Energy Conservation Program for reducing the specific energy consumption for oil and petroleum products transportation in comparable conditions;
• the implementation and ongoing improvement of the energy management system in line with the requirements of the international standard ISO 50001:2011;
• planning the activities of Transneft and its subsidiaries with regard for the energy conservation and efficiency measures developed by Transneft;
• the design and construction of pipeline transport facilities using best available energy efficient technologies;
• modernization of the main equipment, decommissioning of outdated equipment with its replacement by more reliable outfit with improved energy performance;
• improving the energy conservation activities of Transneft due to the timely development and updating of the corporate regulation in managing the production processes and energy conservation measures;
• delimitation of rights, responsibilities and liability of employees for taking energy conservation measures;
• building the image of Transneft as a company geared at energy conservation, pivoting on the trust of international institutions, partners, clients and population in the regions where Transneft runs its operations;
• taking energy conservation measures within Transneft, in keeping with the ever stiffening requirements to energy efficiency and environment conservation;
• increasing the responsibility of the company’s personnel for rational and efficient use of energy resources; creating a system of proper incentives for innovation proposals in energy conservation;
• legal and information support for assuring the effective use of energy resources;
• statistical survey of energy efficiency, monitoring and reviewing the key characteristics of the use and consumption of fuel and energy resources as well as the factors affecting the level of their consumption;
• forecasting the consumption of fuel and energy resources, embracing universal approaches to the planning and rationing of fuel and energy resources, their flow and consumption control; identifying the reasons for overconsumption of fuel and energy resources and developing the target measures for eliminating their overconsumption;
• organizing energy surveys, drawing up the energy passports of facilities with subsequent collection, analysis and systematic use of the said information;
• the development and execution of corrective and preventive actions, to remove the reasons for unconformity of energy conservation activities to the requirements of the Russian law, international contracts signed by the Russian Federation, standards and rules in the field of energy conservation and enhanced energy efficiency;
• Including the aims of increasing the energy efficiency of Transneft in the Transneft strategic development program till 2020.
Transneft regards the adherence to the given provisions as the pledge of raising the level of energy efficiency for facilitating the sustainable development of the Russian Federation.
Our energy conservation commitments apply to all structural divisions of Transneft and its subsidiaries and are included in the system of business relations between Transneft and its partners.