Transneft Industrial Safety Policy
Being a key element of the energy sector of the Russian Federation that ensures organisation and conduct of the transport of oil and oil products via main pipelines, Transneft sets the compliance with industrial safety requirements as the highest priority of its activities.
Realising the potential danger of its technologically complex activities, Transneft understands its responsibility for ensuring the protection of life and health of the Company employees and the population from accidents at hazardous production facilities and mitigating the risk of such accidents.
Industrial safety principles of Transneft:
- the life and health of employees have a higher priority than production performance results;
- all employees of the Company are involved in activities relating to mitigation of the risk of accident hazards;
- preventative measures are given a higher priority than those aimed at localising and liquidating the consequences of accidents;
- important industrial safety information is open and readily available.
Industrial safety responsibilities of Transneft:
- compliance with the requirements of the Russian legislation, international agreements of the Russian Federation, federal standards and rules in the field of industrial safety;
- mitigation of the risk of accidents at hazardous production facilities;
- consultation of employees of hazardous production facilities and their representatives on matters of ensuring industrial safety to achieve a required level of competence;
- improvement of the industrial safety management system.
To comply with the above principles, Transneft sets the following goals and objectives:
- set an order of priority for measures relating to improvement of the reliability of operated equipment and aimed at mitigating the risk of accidents and incidents at hazardous production facilities;
- improve the industrial safety management system based on the analysis of its functioning, development and taking of correcting measures aimed to increase the level of industrial safety;
- ensure proper functioning of the industrial safety management system by allocating necessary physical and financial resources and recruiting highly qualified personnel to operate hazardous production facilities;
- organise effective cooperation with government authorities, scientific and research institutions and other stakeholders in order to facilitate the exchange of experiences and information on industrial safety and to develop and implement advanced standards and rules;
- ensure compliance with the requirements of industrial safety laws, standards and rules;
- organise effective production control at hazardous production facilities;
- conduct regular training on industrial safety requirements and upgrade the qualification of employees operating hazardous production facilities;
- inform employees about industrial safety requirements, including actions to be taken in emergency situations;
- determine personal responsibility of managers and relevant employees for compliance with industrial safety requirements;
- motivate employees operating hazardous production facilities to implement measures aimed at improving the level of industrial safety;
- maintain a high level of readiness of emergency response teams and provision of modern equipment for localising and liquidating the consequences of accidents.
Transneft believes that compliance with these provisions is a key to ensuring an optimal combination of the Company’s interests and society’s socio-economic needs in the field of industrial safety.